Saturday, February 9, 2008

Tuesday - Things I Never Imagined I Would See or Do






As we entered this area it felt like I was in one of the many nature documentaries I have seen in my life. It was so neat to be surrounded by the trees and listening ot all of the sounds that were nearby. This is the place where we went fishing for Parana. I learned that there are 25 different varieties of Parana and only four are actually agressive like many people fear.
At our next stop we got to see the giant lilipads. They can grow up to two meters in diameter and hold up to 20Kg. These plants have an amazing root system and are know to be favourite hiding spots for Crocodiles and Anacondas, though we did not see any.
















Most of you who know me well will know that what you are about to see is not my typical behavior. In fact, I still have not come up with a good reason for why I did it in the first place, but for a minute I put aside my fear of snakes and held and Anaconda. This snake was found a few days before near this family's home, Yikes!


No comments: