Monday, July 20, 2009

Wow! Where did this last month go?

I guess I have been busier than I originally thought. I hope to have a more detailed update for you very soon, but a few quick things. Yesterday, Tyler and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary. We had a lot of fun with the girls. We went to see the movie "Up" which was very good and would have been excellent minus the talking dogs. We then went for dinner at a resturant called Lena Y Piedra ( wood and rock). Everything in this resturant is either cooked over an open fire or in an adobe oven. It is very good, if you come to visit us, we will be sure to take you there.

I read Gary Chapman's book "Now You're Speaking My Language" It was so good. I highly recommend it to everyone. In a few words- honest communication and deeper intimacy for a stronger marriage.

I also started doing the study "Believing God" by Beth Moore. I have had this book for about three years, but the time has come for me to sit down and do it. I already have learned so much and I am really enjoying it. In fact I plan to do it with the moms in Manchay in Spanish. This brings me to my next news. I have recently become the director of our moms ministry. I would certainly appreciate your prayers, as I am not used to being in a position of authority (beside being a mom). One great thing I want to pass on to you is that we have just started with a second group of moms in our program. These women have such a hunger for understanding God's Word and growing in their relationship with Him it is so exciting. Not all of our moms are believers, so please be praying for them as well.

No comments: