Friday, June 25, 2010

Passing Thoughts

Yesterday, I was talking with a friend and we were discussing the challanges of being moms. I think as a girl I grew up believing that it would be easy to be a parent, and I wouldn't be like the mom in the grocery store with the screaming kids. Well, as I'm sure you have guessed, I was wrong. My kids have had their share of moments, as have I, and being a mom has not proven to be easy. I love my three girls and my hope for them is to grow up loving God with all their hearts. Trusting in Him completely for their salvation and living to honor HIm in all they do. But, in order for this to happen, I need to be leading, guiding and teaching them everyday, this is what God commands of us as parents. "Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.  These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts.  Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." Deuteronomy 6 :5-7  I often think of this verse. I think that rather than being overwhelmed thinking I have to be doing something every moment to teach my children, is to realize that God gives us opportunities to do this everyday. Sometimes it is in simple quiet moments, or moments of disciplining our children, or maybe just playing a game with them. I have often been surprised how often and easy it is to make the most of these moments with our girls and I enjoy them very much.


Brenda

No comments: