Monday, July 12, 2010

What Kind of Blog ?

I have been thinking a lot lately about the kind of blog I want this to be. I like so many different kinds of things, but in reality I cannot have a seperate blog for each of those things. It would take over my life, and since I am not sure that anyone actually reads my blog, it would be a little ridiculous. Last week I admit I was so pre-occupied with making sure that people could find my blog, that I signed up for so many different things. In the last day or so I have thought more about it and realized how silly that was. Sure I would love to know that someone enjoys reading my blog, but in the end that does not define who I am or my value. 

So, what kind of blog do I want to have? I have thought about the different blogs I enjoy. Some are about sewing or quilting. Others about being a mom, or recipes or about growing in one's walk with God.  When you get right down to it. I would like my blog to have an element of each of these things. 

I am not an expert in anything. Though I have been a believer in Jesus for as long as I can remember, I still make mistakes and sin, and I do not have the Bible memorized. I am a misionary who works with orphaned children and severly impoverished moms and their children. Most days I am in awe that God has called me to serve Him in this way.

I have been married for thirteen years to my husband Tyler. Together we have three daughters, Hannah, Sarah and Myah. I am not the perfect wife or mother, but each day I work to improve that. I have arguments with my husband, sometimes get frustrated with my kids, just like everybody else.

I hope that you will enjoy what I have to share with you as I walk this journey through life, seeking each day to become more like Christ. If you decide to stick around and read my blog, I would like to thank you. If you have any comments, I would love to hear them and if you have have a blog of your own, please leave me link so I can stop by.

Blessings,
Brenda

No comments: