Friday, October 8, 2010

Sew and Tell with AmyLouWho


My finished project this week is an adorable backpack I made using this backpack tutorial from Moda Bakeshop. It was well written and easy to follow. I made a few adjustments to make it work with the fabrics that I had and ended up using 1yd for each the main fabric and the lining and 1/2 yd for the inside pocket and ties. I also did not have any magnet snaps so I made a strap and ran that through the top of the bag and added two button holes for the fabric to pass through. I plan to make a few smaller ones that can be used for small toys and games while traveling.



 
Stop by to add your link and check out everyone's work.



Here is a link to the pdf file with my adjustments to the pattern for this backpack.

14 comments:

Leslie said...

i love it!!! what a great bag and perfect for alittle girl

eye_on_sparrow said...

That is a sweet backpack. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle (LemonadeGal) said...

Oh, I've been looking for a backpack plan. Thanks for the link. Your bag turned out GREAT! It is perfect for a beautiful red-headed girl. (I'm partial to red-heads.)

p.s.phyllis sews said...

I really like the pattern on this backpack. It just looks so much more friendly and pretty than the store bought ones. No one could possibly mistake this for theirs! Great work!

Haylee said...

I love the bag. It is beautiful.

Sarah Craig said...

How cute is that? Great work!! I'm glad you showed it to us, and let us know about your changes to the pattern!

A Daddy Blog said...

That is super cute. I love it. Have a wonderful weekend!

amylouwho said...

This is really cute! I've toyed with the idea of making a backpack... maybe I could do it after all!

Kristen said...

This is fantastic idea! It came out so sweet. I can't believe I missed that tutorial. Thanks for sharing it!

A Plain Path said...

Awesome backpack. Love Moda's Bake Shop. I'm using a recipe from there to make a table runner right now.

Just joined blogspot and created a blog. Found you through the quilting blogs website. Glad I did. I'm not a follower!

Miri said...

This is so sweet! Love the big bows!

Carla said...

Wonderful fabric choice and the pack is perfect!

Lappedamen said...

What a pretty backpack. It is so cute.

Dayna said...

This is marvelous! It's perfectly suited for your adorable little girl. She is so cute!