Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Passing Thoughts

Sometimes I feel funny writing a blog that for now has no one else to read it. At least until we tell our families about our plans to adopt. It would be kind of mean for them to learn about them just by coming across our blog.

It is hard to belive that we have to wait at least three months before we can even begin the process of adoption. When I was talking with my husband the other day he said to me " I think it is God's timing that we wait, or our time in Canada might be consumed with the wrong thing." Not the adopting is the wrong thing, but that our time in Canada is to be spent sharing with our family, friends and supporters about what we have been doing over the past three years.I can completely understand what Tyler was saying.

Over the past week I have read a fair bit about God's care and love for orphans. His word says so much about this. He LOVES the orphan and widow. If you think about it we ourselves were orphans. Sin left us as orphans and God in his grace adopted us into His family. What an amazing priviledge to be part of His family. As we move forward in obedience to God's leading in our lives to adopt, I pray that He will continue to change and challenge my heart, and that I will become more and more like him.


Photobucket

No comments: