Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Reverse Culture Shock

I have heard that this is a possibility and I guess that I experienced a little of it 2 years ago when we came back for medical reasons. However, this time I am definitely noticing reverse culture shock. Maybe it is because more things have changed, or maybe I have changed. I actually believe that both of these statements are true. It could be that I feel like Peru is my earthly home now until I am in my eternal home. I am not really sure.

I am not the only one in our family who is currently experiencing a difficult adjustment to North American culture. Myah has asked to go home every day since we arrived. This does not surprise me though as she has little to no memory of Canada, as she was only 2 years old when we moved to Peru.

Beyond the adjustments to being here, we are doing well. Hannah and Sarah had a lot of fun visiting with friends from church on Sunday, and everyone has enjoyed seeing family members. We look forward to the time we have to spend with friends and loved ones.

Please continue to pray for us over the next few weeks.

Brenda

1 comment:

Sarah Craig said...

You are all in our prayers! Have a wonderful time with your family, knowing that you'll be going back to your earthly home soon!!