Thursday, March 3, 2011

Do You Know What I Love About God's Word?

I absolutely love that God's Word is living and active.

Yesterday I was reflecting on how God's thoughts and ways are higher than mine. There were a number of things from my life that prompted me to meditate on this. It is funny how I always think that I can come up with the greatest plans and ideas. But, what generally tends to happen is I try to manipulate things to get my own way and cause more trouble and frustration. Now, if I would be wise and surrender my will to God's will before I make a mess of things, I think things could be a bit easier. I am not saying that there wouldn't be trials and opportunity to grow, but it would maybe be less chaotic. I am sure that somedays God is sitting there thinking "Okay Brenda, you try things your way, and when you've exhausted yourself and are ready to do things my way, I'll be here."

So, today when I signed into my blog and saw that the very words I was reflecting on yesterday were the Bible Verse of the day, I was humbled. “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaih 55:8-9 NIV

I am so thankful that God uses His word to speak to His children in love, to encourage and discipline.

1 comment:

Calley said...

Wow! Awesome! Really enjoyed that post! Love your blog! :)