Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Waiting...

Have you ever noticed how hard it is to wait sometimes? I am not talking about the everyday kind of waiting, which by the way I admit can also be hard. Yesterday, we went to the zoo and were in line for an hour and ten minutes waiting to buy our tickets to get in. That took some patience, but we made it. I felt bad for the people who were standing 100 meters behind where we started in line as we were entering the zoo.

I am really talking about the kind of patience it takes when you are waiting on God. His timing is perfect so that helps me when I am getting antsy and hoping he would do everything as quickly as I want, but I admit I still have difficulty sometimes.  Thankfully, he often sends me little reminders to be patient, that he hasn't forgotten about me or my situation. I am very thankful for those and I am thanful that he understands me and what I need at every moment.

I love this verse from Psalm 46:10 that reads "Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."   Often I need to remember to be still. To remember that my God and Father is the creator of heaven and earth, that there is nothing too big or impossible for him and there is neither anything or anyone too small.

1 comment:

Calley said...

Needed this today. Thanks for sharing. :)