Thursday, December 22, 2011

Fun Time

Moms and their children
from the last several years Moms Helping Moms groups.
It was great to see everyone!
Last Saturday we invited all of the families and children from the four years we have served at the Oasis to a party. We wanted to show them our appreciation for their friendship and to have an opportunity to say good-bye. Between 200 and 250 people came for the afternoon. We had a lot of fun with all of the kids and their parents.

Trampoline
Tons of fun was had by kids of all ages.
Serving refreshments and snacks. 
One of the two bouncy playgrounds we rented.
Tyler and Eduardo with the older kids from the children's home.

At a party the home had for us a week ago, all of the kids put their picture and a message in a
photo album they made for Tyler. Claudio's message said "Thank you Mr.T for being my best friend and helping
me take care of my animals."
Trying to express our love and appreciation for our friends without crying.
More of our friends. 
This past week has been full of good-byes. It has not been easy, but I am thankful that God has allowed me to get through the week without becoming an emotional mess. I think the business of packing, the girls finishing school, and planning our good-bye party kept me from dwelling on it. However, I think it might hit me in a week or two after we have arrived in Pucallpa and I am not getting up in the morning to be greeted by 85 kids while they are eating their breakfast. I love each of them and I will miss them!

I am glad that we are moving, I trust completely that this is God's plan for us. So it is not with regret that we leave, but hope of what is to come and what God has in-store for our family.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That party looks like so much fun! I'm so glad that you had the opportunity to say good byes and leave on a positive note!=) Miss you guys
~Jen

Viviana said...

No tengo palabras,es una maravilla y los caminos de Dios son insospechados!Bendiciones!