Tuesday, July 24, 2012



I love to sew! Quilts, girls clothes, pot holders, pin cushions, cloth dolls and aprons. My two favourites though are quilts and clothes for my girls. For the past few months I have been working on a quilt for my niece Eva. It is a split nine patch quilt made using Eva fabric by Basic Grey. There is also a panel in the upper half of the quilt with hand appliqu├ęd  flowers and birds. This is what took the longest.


I have plans to make my other niece Astrid a quilt using the same pattern but with Sultry by Basic Grey and maybe bird houses in place of the flowers.
Applique and embroidery
Look for a tutorial to make this quilt mid September

Planning ahead

If you want to make this quilt you will need:
4 packages of the same charm squares
2 yards of solid for sashing and panel
Embroidery thread and needles
Embroidery hoop
Backing fabric


No comments: